Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Let's get started!

Where do I begin? LOL!

I don't expect to become famous - or infamous, for that matter - with this blog. I won't be regaling anyone with celebrity sightings, or gossip, etc. And I'm sure I won't be garnering a mountain of readers and/or comments on the posts.

Why the hell am I writing this then? Because I feel I have something to say, and if you don't want to listen no one's keeping you here. (How's that for starting things off on the right note?)

This blog is going to be about food - yes, I know you've probably figured it out, but some people don't pay attention to silly little things like titles, so I thought I'd simplify matters and spell it all out for you. It's about everyday life, eating and all the things that go into trying to fit a decent day's sustenance into a hectic schedule.

I am an average woman, rapidly approaching middle age - holy crap, where did those years go? (Look, young'uns: we all age. The alternative is death, so which would you rather? I was your age once, you know. And if you're lucky, you'll reach my age and hopefully beyond. So pipe down. And if middle age is too old for you to be reading what I'm writing, take a hike.) I work a full-time job in NYC (living in a New Jersey suburb makes commuting a way of life), which can hinder efforts to prepare and eat healthy meals. My husband also commutes to work (he drives, while I take public transportation - but we both eat on the run too often).

What I hope to do with this blog is chronicle my efforts to take better care of my (and his) nutrition ... and maybe share some ideas with others who find themselves in a similar predicament. If I get readers to share their own ideas with me, so much the better. If not, it's not going to keep me from writing. (Yes, that was a threat! LOL!)

Anyway, I hope some of you decide to join me on this challenging path, or at least stick around to see some of the things that I come out with. (I might be entertaining, you know! The first entry doesn't count!)

Coming up in my next post, I'll rant about a few things that piss me off about the availability of a safe food supply here in the U.S. Preview question: Why the hell do we pay our farmers NOT to grow things for us, and then turn around and buy imports from China, of all places? OF COURSE they're selling tainted products! Why do you THINK they're so cheap?

Food for thought.

Later,
Laurie

No comments: